Netball

Today I am home. I am in the lounge room watching T.V. On the T.V. I see a competition. It is netball. I always wanted to play netball. I go to the kitchen so I can ask mum and dad if I can enter the competition.
But first I have to practice. I ask my mum and dad if I can do netball. Mum and dad say yes.
The next day I get to do netball. I think to myself that I can’t do it.
Someone comes to me and says, “Why are you worried?”
“I can’t do it,” I say.
“Don’t worry.”
“I’m okay, now. Netball doesn’t look that bad. It’s okay.”
When I played netball I met a boy.
“What is your name?” I say.
“My name is E.J.”
Me and E.J. play with each other and we start to be friends. A boy comes up to me and he pinches E.J. Then he goes away.
Netball ends and E.J. has to go. I become good at netball. I go home.
The competition opens today. I have to go inside. When we played it was great. I did the last goal. I shot the ball in the net and I scored a goal! Our team won!
When I went back, I kept on looking at the trophy.

Written by Joyce Intong.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!