Sad but happy



We were ready to play the semi finals. We were excited. We were playing the top team. None of us was worried, except Chelsea. She worried because they were big, tall and they have mean looks on their faces.

The game started. Were all ready now. In the third quarter it was a tie. The fourth quarter we shot no goals, but they scored four. The other team were about to shoot another goal when Chelsea stood in front of a player who was going to pass the ball to the shooter. Then a player pushed Chelsea and Chelsea landed on her leg. She was yelling, screaming even crying. They scored and then the siren rang. The other team won.

The next day the team, Annie and me went to see Chelsea (at her home.) She had crutches. Daniella told Chelsea that she would win the Grand Final for her, so will the rest of the team. We said"Goodbye"and headed home.

Two days later was the Grand Final. We were all scared and excited. We were all at the court ready and fired up. We could the other team warming up. We just stared at them. They poked their tongues out. We walked up to them and said, "You’re all going to be shocked because were going to win"

The game started. We were winning by two goals. Then they scored. Were okay with that. The siren rung for the fourth quarter. It was a tie, sixteen all. The referee blew the whistle. Everybody was crowding around our court. We scored, they scored, we scored, they scored, we scored, and we scored again. Everbodys counting down 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,they scored, I scored the last goal, 2, 1.



WE WON THE GRAND FINAL. We were jumping, screaming but most of all we were thinking of Chelsea. The next day we went to tell Chelsea that we won, and that I scored the last goal. We won to win the Grand Final for her. Chelsea said "Thankyou for not breaking your promise Daniella."


By Daniella Dicola

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!