Sacrifice


Sacrifice

They’re coming. The cannibals are going to sacrifice me to their god. I can’t believe this. All I’ve been through is going to be ended with my heart being ripped out and eaten. This is what’s happened.

It all started when I was on a holiday in Brazil and took a helicopter ride around the Amazon Rainforest. Then, this was when the cannibals made their first appearance. An anti air missile was fired when the sun had started sinking behind the mountains. The helicopter was hit and we crash landed. The pilot died on impact and I survived pretty much unscathed.

Then I waited at the back, under a pile of bags. I could feel my heart pounding, trying to break free of the trap I had put myself into. I was freaking out, each second going closer to insanity. These people could’ve had guns or some sorts of weapons to kill with. They had certainly already killed before and didn’t seem as if they would hesitate. Blood rushed around my head, I felt dizzy. I began to hallucinate. I saw them with their guns, pushing the guns against my head. Then CRASH!!

The sound of the cannibals smashing the door open made me jump out of my skin. The hair on the back of my neck stuck up like metal pins. I felt like passing out. Thud. The first person stepped onto the floor of the helicopter. Or is it my heart? I looked down, trying to make out my shape in the dark. I could see a gash along my left arm. The blood had stopped coming out but the sight of the cut was bloodcurdling. It was jagged, the skin seemed to have been torn apart. Pulled and twisted until it had torn. I closed my eyes, utterly terrified.

The cannibals talked in a language that I didn’t understand. I heard them take the body of the pilot away. I stayed put for a long time, hoping they had gone away. I couldn’t hear anything and I didn’t think the cannibals were there. Apparently I was wrong.

I pushed a bag nervously away so I could see and opened my eyes. Nothing, feeling relieved I pushed away all the bags and received a smack on my head. I screamed and ran out the door and as far as I could from the plane. Another mistake!

If I hadn’t screamed I may’ve had a better chance of survival. I had lost the cannibal chasing me but I had run into the ones in front. They heard my screaming and gave chase. They were faster than me and caught up easily. The first leapt and pushed me down. The second pinned my arms to my back. Then the last knocked me out…when I woke up, I was in this cell.

I hear them now. Talking in their language which I’m starting to understand. I hear the footsteps. History repeating itself. They’re coming.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!