Danny kewel

DANNY KEWEL

Danny Kewel was a very smart and kind boy. He was never involved in any sport at all. He was eight years old. One day he walked with his dad Homer across the park. He saw his friend Corey playing soccer, “Hey Danny want to come and play with us?” “Okay I’ll try it. Dad can I play with them?” said Danny. His Dad said “Okay son”. Danny had the ball and scored a great goal! “I’ll see you tomorrow guys!” And Danny ran all the way home. He didn’t bother taking a bath like his Mum had told him to. He was just too excited. Tomorrow he would go down to St. Mulowes Park and play some soccer with the other boys. But then a horrible thought struck him. What if he ruined everything? What if he wasn’t good at soccer after all? Danny was frightened about this horrible thought. What if it was real? Danny decided not to go back to the park. The next day Danny walked sadly to school. In history class Danny couldn’t concentrate and got told off by Mrs. Pookenpie for not listening. In art and craft he also got told off by Miss. Crayon for designing something that wasn’t allowed. Danny felt sad. It looked like he wasn’t good at anything at all! On the way home a boy that Danny recognised as one of the most popular boys in the school came up to him and said: “Hey Dorko, you’re the baddest soccer player I have ever seen!” “How do you know that?” said Danny. “I watched you play yesterday” he sneered. “Oh yeah well here’s a bet. You come to St. Mulowes Park on Saturday and in the game, if I score a goal you’re wrong and I’m right” said Danny. “If I don’t score a goal you’re right and I’m wrong and you can get all the attention. “Deal” the boy said at once. His name was Cameron Lopaz. When Cameron had gone Danny thought about it. “Oh no!” Danny said. “I’ve made a big mistake!” Well a bets a bet he finally agreed. On Saturday Danny headed off to the soccer field. There was Cameron, “I was beginning to think you were too scared to show up”. Danny glared at him suspiciously. “What do you mean?” asked Danny. “You’ll see, oh yes, you’ll see!” Cameron replied slyly. Danny walked straight onto the field. He was the only person there except for the goalie who also looked familiar, it was a trick he was the best goalie in the whole school! “On the count of three” the Ref called. “Three…two…one…Gooo!” he yelled. Danny kicked as hard as he could. He could not believe it he scored! “NOOO!” he heard Cameron scream. “Impossible! It can’t be!” But it was! Turns out he was good after all. He finally realized that if he wasn’t good at soccer it didn’t….MATTER! Danny knew that this was the start of a new exciting….beginning!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!