The Mouse Of Forsythe Castle

Honourable Mention in the 'Zapped! 2001' competition

Deep in the dungeons of Forsythe Castle a potion was being concocted. Juliana looked for more Unicorn Blood. She found some in a bottle marked U.B. She added it in, finishing the potion.
Juliana was a sorceress, and lived alone in an unknown area of the Earth. She was old and was sick of living alone. She had lived alone for 423 years of her 448 year life. But most of all, Juliana was sick of being a sorceress, so she was making a potion that would make her a mortal.
It had taken her a long time to make and once she drank it she would lose all her magical powers. But she didn’t care about that. All she had to do was drink the potion then say the name of any mortal thing, which she would become instantly.
Juliana then poured some of the potion into a glass, took a deep breath and swallowed. Just when she was about to say “Human”, a mouse appeared on the table in front of her.
Surprisingly, since Juliana was a sorceress, she hated mice, and there was no shortage of them around Forsythe Castle.
So instead of saying “Human”, she screamed out, “MOUSE!” It was an instant effect and soon she found herself no bigger than her foot and with a very long tail. Juliana, who was now a mouse, squeaked then ran upstairs to the Entrance Hall.
The big oak doors were shut tight and Juliana could not open them. Luckily for her Victor, the castle ghost floated through the wall. She hoped he would recognise her.
“Why is there a rat in the Hall? Miss Juliana would be mad. I think I’ll go and fetch Jinks.” Victor then took off and came back soon with Jinks.
“No, no, not Jinks!” Juliana squealed and screeched but Victor couldn't understand her. Juliana was horrified, because Jinks was her lovely mouse-catching cat.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!