Bella's Defeat

Finalist in the '2001/2002 Schools Short Story Competition - Magic and Mystery Theme' competition

In the deepest part of the forest lived a woman named Bella. For as long as I remember she lived there, chanting her spells and flying into the trees beckoning the children to her, including me. She and her followers lead all children to their magical palace of shrubs and trees. Listen carefully as I tell you my taleā€¦
I lived in the village of humans. One night, when the humans were asleep, I woke to a horrifying sound. I slipped out of bed and tiptoed down the rickety stairs. My nightgown clung to my damp back and my feet slowly cramped as I bent my pruney toes. As soon as I reached the end of the stairs a shrivily hand reached out and grabbed my mouth, preventing me from screaming. I was taken to a small clearing. There were many other children there who were in a pleasant slumber. I was then taken to a queen named Bella. She was obviously waiting for my arrival, with berries and cool water placed in front of a silk chair by her side. She told me her reasons for
kidnapping me, and explained why I would never be allowed to leave. I listened intently not daring to let a single word escape from my mouth.
When she finished she lead me to a grass mat and ordered me to sleep. When I woke the next morning it was still dark. I heard the same voice from the night before order me and the rest of the children to come downstairs. We lined up and Bella handed all of us a broomstick. She told us all to climb on. I did as I was told not wanting any trouble to come of this. She demonstrated a leap and was off, on her broomstick. She told us all to do the same. I did so, and soon was on my way in the air.
She led us through the woods and into my village. She constantly waved her finger
through the air and mumbled something under her breath. All of a sudden people came from their houses still in their nightclothes. Bella swooped down and pointed at a weak couple in the corner. It was my parents! I went down and realized they had been put under some sort of stun spell. I became over come with anger, and swooped at the evil witch knocking her off her stick and killing all of her evil within. All her followers were off on their broomsticks; not leaving a trace of their identities. As for me I was held with great honor in my village. I have lived for years with this story hidden inside me. No one ever really knew what happened that time in the forest. I share with you my experience hoping none of you will ever encounter the evil of BELLA!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!