Four Senses

3rd in the 'Watch Out! 2000' competition

She wakes and feels soothing rays of light from the glowing dawn sun, giving her strength and energy to continue.

She wakes and hears the gentle wind swirling in and out of the giant trees, rustling the delicate leaves as each breath of wind keeps swimming to and fro.

She wakes and smells the sweet aromas of fresh gum leaves covered in a blanket of frosty dew from the chilly moonlit night.

She wakes and tastes the flavour of a brand new day, a day that has never been lived, excited about trying something new all over again.

She then wakes and sees the always present darkness, a darkness for her that extends to the ends of the beautiful Earth.

Somehow she is still thankful she can feel the warm sunrays, hear the low howl of a swirling wind, smell the fresh gum leaves and be able to taste new flavours.

These wonderful things are not visible to her but we all take them for granted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!