Tedd's Revenge

There once was a man who used to make stuff out of wood, his name was Tedd. He also had a son his name was David. One day while Tedd was making a beautiful oak table out of nowhere the bounty hunter Morph appeared in his wood shop. He demanded that Tedd gave him the deed to his shop within the next twenty-four hours. And as suddenly as he appeared he was gone. Tedd did not know what to do, he had to have money to look after his son but Morph had demanded to give the shop to him. He wondered why Morph even wanted the shop he earns money by catching criminals. So he decided he would not give him the deed. So early the next morning (while David was still asleep) Morph appeared, he then asked for the deed to the wood shop Tedd refused. So Morph vowed to burn down the wood shop. So late that night Morph came back (while everybody in the town was asleep) and threw a torch upon the roof and then ran off. Tedd and David managed to escape but as David emerged from the blaze Morph shot him with his crossbow. Tedd the kind hearted wood crafter now swore revenge against Morph the bounty hunter for killing his son. He pack his bags ready to find and kill Morph. The first day a farmer told him he had seen someone of that description running north-east. Over the next few days he had to buy his first ever weapon a short sword which he bought off a nomad he met. He finally caught up to Morph on the fourteenth day. Morph was at the docks near the ocean his crossbow by his side as if he were expecting trouble. Then suddenly Morph turned around like a deer that had caught scent of its predator pointing his crossbow wildly in all directions as if waiting for some sort of movement from the trees but there was none he turned around and walked up the gang plank. As he did this Tedd snuck forward waiting for the right time to run him through but the chance never arose because Morph somehow was behind him his crossbow digging into Tedd's back. He told him to drop his sword and to climb aboard the ship he had no choice but to oblige. The ship than set sail. The sailed for eleven days but while on the ship he asked Morph why he had burned down his shop and killed his son. Morph told him it was because somebody had paid him to do it, but Tedd would not believe him. So on twelfth day he kept the knife that was used at meal time (without the cook noticing) and later that night he cut through the rope that had tied him up for so long and went into Morph’s room and stabbed him in his sleep and got his justice.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!