Falling Star Fantasy

I always wondered if you could catch a falling star. I mean, if the stars are falling, shouldn't you be able to catch one? It's silly. That's how it got started, because that night I had a dream. A weird dream about catching stars. That night I went out to the park and watched the stars glisten in the sky, and waited for a falling star to come. Soon a zooming light was in the dark sky and I ran to where it fell. Luckily, I caught it just in time. The shining star was now in my palms. Slowly, very slowly I started to rise in the sky, traveling up into the night. I saw stars around me, and there were rocks everywhere. I went over to where it was the brightest, and suddenly realized the moon was right in front of me, shining more than ever. I saw the face of the moon, with all those bumps. Nearby there was an American flag with a letter next to it saying, "FIRST PEOPLE TO EVER WALK ON THE MOON." Then, all of a sudden, I was falling, falling down onto the hard earth, leaving everything in a blur. I opened my eyes as I heard a steady tick-tock echo around the room. It was all a dream, what a relief.. I shook my head and pulled the covers over me, covering my bed, vowing never to go near a falling star again, because who knows? Maybe dreams DO come true.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!