Darby And The Scary Dragon

Hi, my name's Darby and i once killed a dragon. He was a very big dragon as well.
"You there!"
"Yes Sir".
"How long do I have here?"
"Two hours Sir".
"OK then, and will you stop calling me Sir!"

Well I have time so I'll tell you my story. One day I said I wanted to go on a journey, but my little brother Barkley just laughed at me.

"Oh yeah! You can't even balance on five haystacks".
Just then we heard a rumbling sound, it was the five haystacks that Barkley was balancing on. Just then all five haystacks fell and Barkley fell too and hit his head.
"Ha, ha", I said. Right at that moment I decided to leave for my journey, but first I had something to do.

I pulled on my armour and set off. After a bit of walikng I met a witch. She wasn't a bad witch. All she wanted was to learn how to fight.
I strode up to her and said "What's the matter?" She said all that she wanted to do was learn to fight. So then I said, "How about this. I'll teach you to fight and you can give me magig powers in return."
"Sounds good!" said the witch with a cheerful voice. So I taught her how to fight and she gave me dangerous magic powers. I thanked the witch and kept travelling.

Not long after that I came to the dragon's cave. Just then I heard a noise. A big dragon crashed out of the dark. I threatened, "Come and fight me you monsterous beast!"

Just then he slashed his tail at me and I fell to the ground headfirst. I staggered up and with my magic powers conjured up a phoenix. Thrusting it recklessly at him it burst into flames and set him on fire.

For a moment everything was silent. The dragon laid there bleeding with his green scales glittering in the half moonlight. I was unsure if he was dead or alive. Just to make sure, I grabbed my axe and hacked off his head. That was definately the end of him, and that is the end of my tale, the story of Darby and the Dragon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!