Zack And The Demented Electric Guitar

Zack and the Demented Electric Guitar
By Mitchell Townsend

This story is about a boy who wanted to by his first Guitar.
Zack was 12 years old and was in year 7; he had blonde, spiked hair and blue eyes and was very active.
He always wanted to learn to play guitar.
Today he was going to buy his first guitar; his Dad said he would buy him any one he wanted, seeing as his Mum and Dad were extremely rich.

They went to the music shop; the Manager came to greet them. He was old and thin, his grey hair messed up, pale in the face with black rings under his brown eyes. He didn’t look very happy at all, Zack found him very creepy but who cares he was going to get an electric guitar finally.
The shopkeeper let him look through all the guitars the shop had to offer then Zack found the perfect guitar; it was bright metallic-red with bright blue lightning bolts and a black head. Written on it in silver lettering were the words ‘Gio Ibanez’.

Zack loved it and wanted it, he told his Dad and they asked for the Manager. As soon as they showed the Manager which one it was the man’s eyes widened with fear he stood there with his mouth opened.
Zack’s Dad looked at the man puzzled “are you alright sir?” he asked, then the man said “are you sure you want that one, young man? We have a great deal on this one over here”.
“No, I defiantly want this one sir”, the man ran over to another guitar and said “well if you didn’t like that one then how about this one over here?”
“ He wants that one,” his Dad said harshly.
Zack’s Dad put the money out under the mans nose.

As Zack and his Dad walked out of the store the owner was chasing after them begging them not to take that guitar, Zack could see that the man was driving his Father crazy.
On the way back home in the car he’s Dad said “that old mans insane! That’s the last time I’m ever going to that shop!”
But Zack wasn’t listening he was to busy thinking about his guitar lessons tomorrow.

Zack had over slept but it didn’t matter it was a Sunday morning and way before the time of his lessons.
He looked down at the floor. He was surprised to see his guitar case was wide open and his guitar was out leaning on his bed.
Zack was confused, he was sure that last night he had put it away “oh well” he said as he put it away.

Zack was waiting for hours in the waiting room at lessons, he was just about to fall asleep when the teacher came out and called his name.
The teacher looked like a very clean and respectful man.
When they were settled in, the man asked, “ok young boy lets see what you can do already”.
Zack was about to say, “nothing”, but then the guitar started playing on its own and really well.
When it had stopped Zack was speechless but his teacher’s eyes widened and a massive smile came across his face.
“You’re magnificent! I must tell everyone about your great, great talent!” he said with excitement.
“But it wasn’t me!” Zack protested. The teacher shook his head “nonsense boy! Utter nonsense! I shall inform everyone of your excellence!”

When Zack got home he went into his room and asked himself, “How did that happen? How did it start playing on its own?”
Then a voice said, “I believe I can answer that question”.
Zack spun around and to his amazement he saw his guitar hovering in the air and it had just spoken to him!
Zack stared for a while until saying, “you’re alive?”
Then the guitar said, “not exactly I’m what they call demented now listen kid, I’m your guitar now, I can play whatever you want whenever you want wherever you want in front of whoever you want, no catch just keep it a secret ok?”
A big smile went across Zacks face.

At school the next day the music teacher came over to him a said, “your guitar teacher told me everything! We have an ensemble coming up. Be there at lunchtime for auditions!”
At the auditions all the kids didn’t believe he was that good, but when he started playing they were all gob smacked.
The crowed was gob smacked as well at the night of the ensemble. He made it very big that night as he did on all the other countless ensembles he was the lead guitarist in.
He became very popular around school, whenever he walked past a group of girls they giggled in excitement, yep life was good.

One night he was having a great dream about becoming a famous rock star until a guitar nose woke him up, wait a minute…
He sprang out of bed to see his guitar playing itself “what do you think you’re doing? Its 12:00am in the morning, it’s Monday tomorrow and my Dad might hear!”
Then Zack heard footsteps coming down the hallway. The guitar stopped playing and rested itself in Zacks arms so it looked like he was playing.
Zack’s Dad came in and saw Zack with the guitar in his hands and said, “Zack! What are you doing?”
“It wasn’t me!” Zack protested.
“Don’t give me that. Of course it was you. If this happens one more time then you will be grounded and I’ll be taking that guitar off you! Understand?”
There was no point in arguing so Zack just agreed.
Once he had left, Zack said to his guitar “what is your problem?”
Then the guitar said, “you can’t tell anyone…”

Zack was falling asleep in maths class the next day.
Then he heard the window open, he looked up and saw his guitar fly in through the window, “no, no its not” said Zack. It came down into his arms and started to play itself.
His teacher looked over and said, “playing a musical instrument in maths class, Zack detention for a month!”

The next night he had the same dream again until he was woken up once again by his guitar “NO! NOT AGAIN! PLEASE NO!”
“What didn’t you like my last performance? How about I bring in my friends this time?” said the guitar.
“NO! PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
“Yes? Ok, come on in boys!”
Then through the window came a drum kit, a bass guitar and a keyboard, and then they all started playing at the same time. The instruments suddenly stopped and the guitar said, “Father alert! Freak out!” All the rest of the instruments flew out of the room just before Zacks Dad came in.
“Alright that’s it!”

Zack had, had without a doubt the worst week ever. He had detention and was grounded at the same time how can it get any worse. That was it he had to sneak into his Dads room, take the guitar and get rid of it at the tip.

So Zack did just that. When he got to the tip he found that the tip was locked for the next hour so the workers could have their lunch break.
But he had to get rid of that guitar so he climbed over the fence and went to the top of the highest mound of rubbish and at the top he found a dark pit so he chucked it into the pit and then sighed in relief. The weird thing was that there was no bang when the guitar hit the ground. Oh well, at least it was gone.
Just then the guitar rose out of the pit and started to attack him by slashing him with the neck.
Zack picked up a metal bar and swiped back.
Suddenly Zack and the guitar were having a dual. The details were hard to describe. In all the confusion Zack got the guitar to the ground and stabbed it in the body.
“NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
Screamed the guitar.
Zack had finally gotten rid of it!
But how could he be sure…
Then the platform he was standing on started to move, he quickly jumped off. He saw the guitar get ripped to shreds inside a garbage crusher.
Now he could be sure it was destroyed.

Later on Zack went back to the music shop to see the shop owner.
Zack walk up to the counter and said, “sorry, I wrecked your guitar”. A big smile spread across the man’s face and he yelled out in happiness, “thankyou! My boy! Thank you! No one believed me about that guitar!”
“So you knew it was demented as well! That’s why you were trying to stop my Dad and I!”
“Yes that’s it! Thank you again! How about a free guitar, a non-demented one of course”.

THE END
Zack got real lessons on guitar and grew up to be a famous rock star.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!