I Loved You Grandad

I loved you grandad
Let me tell you about a girl who always thought it were her fault that her father didn’t love her but it wasn’t her fault.

The was a fifteen year old girl who found out just before Christmas in 2007 that her grandfather had died 2 months ago. The girl never got to see her grandfather because after parents got divorced. He father told his side of the family that they weren’t allowed to have anything to do with there granddaughters and grandson or nieces and nephews, this also meant that the little girl wasn’t allowed to have anything to do with her father, her grandparents, her aunties and uncles. She always thinks it’s her fault that her father didn’t want her or loved her.

The day she found out that he died she was confused about if she should be happy or if she should cry because she wasn’t allowed to have anything to do with her grandfather so she didn’t know what she should do. Her best friend supported her and told her that no matter what he would have always loved her and she knew that deep down inside she still loved him.
Even though he wasn’t allowed to know her he was still her grandfather and even though she knew he dad didn’t love her he was still her father.

She knew that she couldn’t tell her mum how she felt about the death of her grandfather because her grandfather and her mum never got along. So she didn’t say much to her mum. You may wonder how I know this. Well I am that little girl. When I was little I always thought that every thing was my fault but it wasn’t and now that I have grown up I have learnt that every thing happens for a reason and that bad things happen also goods things happen to.

written by gabrielle.winters

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!