A Boy, A Bear And A Lucky Escape

I ran as quickly as I could. The bear was after me. His hot breath burnt my back. His red eyes made holes in me. Vines whipped across my face. However, I didn’t care. The whole forest couldn’t stop me from escaping the bear.

I turned around. The bear wasn’t there. Had I lost him? Suddenly, I saw him again-and he wasn’t alone. Accomplices had joined the hunt. I had been surrounded. However, there was a gap between two of them. Was it just a trick? However, it offered a chance. I ran towards the opening and found my self right on the edge of a cliff. I was trapped. The cliff was in front of me. The bears were behind me. I jumped.

The fall seemed to take an eternity. I saw my life flash before my eyes. The wind whistled in my ears as I plummeted to the river below. It would have no mercy on me. Suddenly, I hit the bottom. The combination of the icy cold and the rock solid water knocked me out, and I fainted.

I woke upon the shore, lying on my face. It seemed that the place that the river washed me into was familiar… Then I smiled. I had finally reached home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!