A Tranquil Day At The Beach

Silken water silently glides effortlessly towards the dry sand as laughing children chase each other around and splash water on the heated people near them. They shiver and Goosebumps appear on their bodies as a balmy, cooling and refreshing breeze takes a walk along the sand. The birds, gliding, are like tiny molecules in the distance and rippling foam becomes visible as small yet warm waves trickle across the flat surfaced sand. Wide lazy and heavenly waters the colour of turquoise and aquamarine sparkle like twinkling diamonds. Traces of delicate seashells are found and gathered as the baby waves drop them off. Tiny grains of sand are brushed away from inside and outside the shell than placed in the innocent children's pockets ready to be taken home and put on a high shelf where they can be admired for their delicate and exquisite charm. Gently swaying branches from large and masculine trees border the edges of the sand as hints of sunlight filters through them. Sizzle, sizzle, go the barbeques from under the giant trees. Sizzle, sizzle, and the smell of succulent, luscious and mouth-watering meat and hot chips wafts over to the laughing children's noses. Running over to the refreshing shade they wait patiently as juicy and various extracts of food are placed on their plates. Sitting down and enjoying the tranquil setting around them and not having one thought of significance. Tropical birds watch with fascination at families playing and swimming in the exhilarating water as they too crave to join in. The waves keep on flowing, the shell are continuously dropped by them, the children don't stop playing and the birds continue to fly and sing gentle harmonies. A cloudless blue sky surrounds a peaceful atmosphere at the beach.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!