I Am Legend... I Am Super Potato

Not that long ago in a galaxy not that far away, lived… the SUPER POTATO!! Super Potato was known to all of his countrymen as a hero. He had fought off countless monsters that ravished their lands. No one was a match for his superior skill. Except one… One that had always stood in the way of peace. The evil ham monster had plans…

“I have it”, he said with a deathly whisper. “At twelve o’clock this evening the Super Potato will be on top of the sacred potato temple eating bacon. It’s his only flaw. All I have to do is set the bacon up and he’ll come running.” The Evil Ham Monster sat in his study admiring his glorious plan. It was just so easy he thought. Bacon! Ha! What a fool that potato was. It was coming… The extermination of the potato race was in his hand at last.

It was a glorious day for both Super Potato and his most loyal friend Squashy. The sun was out; the sky was blue and not a monster in sight. “Isn’t it just great, Squashy?” asked Super Potato. “Haven’t seen a single monster in weeks.” Squashy nodded in agreement staring up at the beautiful sky… and that’s when they saw it. Steaming on top of the temple, radiant in all of its light lay the bacon…

Naturally, Super Potato and his loyal friend, Squashy, ran to the bacon immediately without thinking and quickly became possessed by it. And so the Evil Ham Monster was now only one step away from completing his mission of world domination.

He crept closer… slowly, slowly. He was now only inches away from his prize. Slowly he drew back his knife ready for the attack. And then he pounced. Cutting through the air like a dagger, his blade ringing. Super potato looked up from his bacon for the first time at the leaping hunk of ham coming down towards him. He rolled to the side out of the Evil Ham Monsters range as he crashed to the ground. Super potato stood over him, wielding his frying pan in one hand, eating bacon in the other, and crushed the Ham Monster in one killing blow. Thus the end of the Evil Ham Monster.

Unfortunately the story does not end here. As much as I would like to say it, the two potato friends do not live a happily ever after. They have many tough times ahead of them. Great battles to be fought. Brave heroes would rise and legends would be created. But that’s another story…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!