A Bad Hair Cut

am an eight year old girl in my Christmas holiday, my name is Mary Aquilina. I would like to tell you a story. It started with a hot summer day well over forty degrees. I lifted my head off my pillow with an extraordinarily pounding headache. With a sigh I put my head back on my pillow. I could still hear the fan ticking as it span around. Finally I had the courage to get out of my bed. I then felt really dizzy so I sat down on the chair. Just then I saw the time, it was seven thirty I quickly jumped of the chair and changed into my favourite clothes.

I rushed down stairs and realised that everyone had already started eating. For breakfast everyone was eating toast that smelt beautiful. I was really hungry and the smell was making it worse.

After breakfast my Mum had to take my Dad to work in town. While my parents were away I thought about going in my room but unfortunately it was too hot. So I went into the back room. The back room is a dark cool big room with a comfortable chocolate brown sofa. Aah I sighed as I sat down on extra soft sofa. For a while I sat in silence thinking about the extreme heat then I thought about how it could be cooler in these long, boring, hot days. Suddenly I had it, a bright shiny excellent idea! Alright alright, maybe it wasn’t the best idea but I did have something. No, it wasn’t getting a pool, but a hair cut might help, even better a bob cut! Yes I had it all set but I wasn’t sure what I would look like afterwards …..

The minute my mum came through the door I ran straight toward her, then she was looking down at me as I was on the floor. I had slipped over some toys .My two younger brothers had just finished plying with them. In pain I called Mummmmmmmmm. Mum looked down and immediately knelt down and helped me up. I was fine but I did have a leg that was going to bruise up!

When Mum helped me up and I was settled on a chair I asked my Mum, Mum do you know how to cut my hair? Mum replied, what kind of hair cut? A bob cut with a twinkle in my eye, well sure she said. When would you like it? Today hopefully.

Before long my Mum sat me down with a towel around my neck and went to get the scissors. I will never forget the scissors cutting through my hair because there would be a reward on the other side .As soon as she finished I ran as fast as I could to the mirror. It was a wonderful hair cut and everyone agreed at school people commented how nice I looked and I was a lot cooler as well.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!