Zac's Birthday

On the 29th of January it was my brother Zac’s birthday and he was turning ten years old. Zac wanted to have a birthday party at Laser Skirmish with his friends and cousins. The following Saturday 2 of February he had his party at Laser Skirmish with his friends, Luke, Angelo, Daniel E., Louis and Sam. He also invited our cousins, Alex, Amelia, Peter, Jasmin and Lauren and also invited my other brother Daniel and me.
The party was going to start at 11:00 o’clock, so before we went there some of my cousins come to our house and we went to Laser Skirmish together. The people at Laser Skirmish told my mum that we had to be there at 10:45, but when we got there the place was closed. The sign the door said it was not open until 11:00 o’clock so we waited outside until the doors opened.
When the doors opened we all went inside and my mum paid the lady behind the counter for us to go and play against each other. Zac’s team had Luke, Angelo, Daniel E., Louis, Peter and himself. My team had Jasmin, Lauren, Daniel S, Sam, Amelia, Alex and I. The man then took us through a doorway where we put on our vests and gave us a gun each, it was really cool to see people with this gear on.
We had two games to play, the games only lasted 10 minutes but it was really fast and exciting and hot in there. We had to start playing straight away because there were other people coming in after us. Zac’s team was orange and my team was green. In the first game we my team’s base was downstairs and Zac’s team’s base was upstairs. It was really dark in there and the girls were screaming and we were all getting sweaty because it was hot wearing the vests and running around in there.
My team won the first game because we managed to take over their base upstairs. Once the game was over we then had to start our second game straight after. In the second game Zac’s team base was downstairs and ours was upstairs. His team took over our base upstairs but my team still won the second game. After this game was finished we went back to the start and took our vests off and returned our guns and then walked out into the foyer. My mum was very surprised at how sweaty we were, our faces were very red and our hair was wet.
We then went into another room near the go-kart area were there was a table for us to sit at. Mum had bought some food and drinks for us to have after the game which was good because she had taken the cake out and had candles lit on them. We all stood around and sang happy birthday to Zac and watched him cut the cake. Mum then gave us all a piece of chocolate, mud cake which was nice. After that people started to leave and the rest of us helped mum clean up the rubbish and pack up the rest of the leftover food. We helped her carry it to the car and then said goodbye to everyone and went home. Zac got some really cool presents and had a good day, which made him very happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!