UFO

I have a great story for the newspaper. I saw some UFOs. It’s true, I really did. There were heaps of them. Perhaps it’s an invasion, or maybe they want to contact us. Either way it’ll make a great story.

It all started when I left my hat in the classroom. We play sport every morning, and you have to wear your hat. I ran inside to get it, as well as my camera (you never know when you'll need one). When I ran outside again, they were everywhere – aliens! I quickly pulled out my camera and took a photo.

So now I am standing outside a newsagency. My teacher, Mrs. Applebloom is inside. I walk in, “Hi Mrs. Applebloom”
“Oh” gasped Mrs. Applebloom “Oh, Tom; how nice to see you.” I smile at her. “Here” I say to the man at the counter “take a look at these” I show him my photo. “Uh...” the man at the counter looks confused “what is it?” “A full scale alien invasion” I said proudly. Mrs. Applebloom looks curiously over my shoulder. “Where?” she asked.
“There” I point to my photos. Mrs. Applebloom gives me a funny look. “Tom, I don’t know how to say this, but that photo is of our class playing with Frisbees!”
“What do you mean?” Now I’m confused. “All of the kids are screaming and running around, and the UFOs are flying above them!”
“No no, the children are screaming with joy, and the ‘UFOs’ are the Frisbees we were playing with.” Mrs. Applebloom explains.
“Oh” I mutter disappointedly.

I walk out of the newsagency, crushed. Suddenly a shadow falls on me. I look up, it looks like a plastic bag, but I know better. Quick as a flash I whip out my camera and take a photo (before the specimen flies away) “Hey Mrs. Applebloom,” I call out “take a look at this; a real live shape-shifting alien".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!