Samantha's Drawing

Once there was a girl named Samantha. She loved drawing! Samantha started drawing when she was a baby and she still does it now that she’s 11! Samantha has a spare room in her house so she uses it to put all of her drawings in. She draws animals, plants, fruit and also people!

One day Samantha saw a piece of paper that said, “DRAWING COMPETITION ON MARCH 30th!” Samantha quickly ran home and told her mum. “Oh, that’s a great idea but what will you draw?” asked mum. “I hadn’t thought about that! Well, I’ll go choose now!” Samantha said, so she went to her spare room and looked around.

Samantha found a piece of paper and wrote down some of her ideas. “Animals, no other people would probably draw them!” said Samantha. “Plants? People? No I draw them all the time!” groaned Samantha. She thought hard, very hard, until finally she had the perfect thing to draw. She would draw colours going different directions. It would be like an explosion of colour! Samantha liked that idea.

She then got out a whole lot of colours, some crayons, pencils and a piece of paper. At first she wasn’t quite sure what to do because she had never drawn a picture of colours before. But then she just stared to let her imagine go wild! It took her one week to finish it, but it was worth it because it looked stunning!

A week later on the 30th of March, Samantha’s mum took her to the competition. Samantha was so nervous, it was scary because she’d never entered in a competition before. Was her drawing good enough? What would the judges think? Would everyone laugh? The competition started. Samantha saw a girl with a pony tail. Her name was Gabriella and her drawing was so good. She could really draw!! thought Samantha. Gabriella would have to win with her drawing of her family, it was much better than her own splash of colours! But Samantha didn’t care, “She was in it to have fun!”

Samantha gave her drawing to the judges and then they chose the best drawing. After a little while the judges called out, “We are now going to announce the winner of the drawing competition! The winner is ………..Samantha. Samantha couldn’t believe it. She had tried her hardest and her mum was right. “If you believe in yourself you can achieve anything no matter how scary it may be”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!