Danny Do-good

Danny Do-good was one of the most popular kids in school. He was known for caring for the other kids.
One day when a bully was hitting a grade five kid, Danny came up and said “Hey that’s not very nice. How would you like it if I came up to you and started hitting you?”
On a sunny Friday a kid named Bill Gamer brought his Nintendo DS to school, but a bully called Johnny No-good was pestering him. As Danny walked by he heard sobbing nearby him.
“What’s up Bill?” He asked. Bill explained how Johnny took his DS.
“I’ll get it back!” Danny promised.
He found Johnny but he wouldn’t give it to him.
“Please!” he pleaded. Eventually he gave it back.
“Thank you,” he said. He was about to walk away when he tripped on the root of a tree and broke the game console. He got back to where Bill was and explained what had happened.
“Thanks for nothing,” Bill shouted in his face. All the kids saw Danny as a failure. He tried to get noticed again by getting Lucy Penbroke’s handball out from under a building, but he got told off by Mr Johnathon.
When Monday came around, Danny was walking through the playground when he saw a year three kid being hurt by Johnny. He walked up to Johnny and said, “That’s not the way to get attention, you should do nice things,” he explained. Johnny stopped and all of the kids who were watching clapped.
Now Johnny and Danny are both known as good, caring kids, Johnny even became Aussie of the Month.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!