Venom


One night a Tiger snake called
Venom was out for slither in the cool of the night air. Suddenly Venom heard a thundering of trumpets and a stamping of hooves!






A king cobra was quietly slithering through the Jungle when an elephant saw him and started trumpeting.






All the noise started to attract all of the elephants and when they saw the King cobra they all started to panic. In all the confusion the king cobra struck an elephant on the foot. Almost immediately the elephant fell to the ground…dead.














Meanwhile, Venom had slithered back into his hole. The elephants had made such a racket that they had scared Venom and now he was hiding. The next day Venom stayed inside. The fresh meat had attracted mongooses and they KILL SNAKES!!!







Suddenly Venom heard a scratching sound. Someone or something digging on the roof of his burrow!






After a while a hole appeared and the face of a mongoose came into view. Venom slithered out of his hole but the mongoose followed.
Hisssssssss swoosh Venom tried to strike but he missed. After every stroke the mongoose tried to grab and break Venom’s neck. Suddenly Venom had an idea. This time he would aim a little to the left which was the way the mongoose usually jumped.

It worked. As soon as Venom started to strike the mongoose jumped to the left and Venom hit him. The threat of the mongoose was over so Venom slithered back into his hole.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!