Dark Beneath Its Covers

I shook my head in disbelief. “How on god’s green earth did I get to this point in life???” After weeks of travelling through the dense shrubs of Brazil, I had stumbled across a luxurious, serene looking hide-out where I could get all these thoughts off my back, or so I thought…
My life had been a complete train wreck and it had not been better during these last years. As I became poorer and poorer this resulted in weakness, starvation, dehydration and pure tiredness. After these countless moments of being stuck in these hard times, I found myself wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of London, and going on a hunt in places more exotic than the Rawhide’s garden (and believe me, they can get pretty out of control…)
As I stumbled across the central parts of Brazil, I found myself staring fondly at an unbelievable forest, ten times as huge as the Big Ben and so fancy, it seemed to have me hypnotised. Its dazzling plants took me off my feet and the luminous glow through all its objects seemed to add a sense of life in it. The forest itself seemed to be breathing shallow but audible breaths that made my heart stop with wonder. I stepped inside its large, open arms that greeted me with warmth and comfort. A glorious feeling swept across me and I almost fell to my knees in such a swift motion to thank the heavenly gods for finally giving me the comfort of a pure, secluded sanctuary for my own happiness. I glided into the dew covered trees hoping to find peace and quite until... BANG!
I was back into the city streets of London, straight back to square one in the street of Copernumwa where I sat on a doorstep begging for money and riches to fall into my filth covered arms. Kicks of anguish and hatred came my way as rich, snobby folk held their noses high as if trying to keep the stench out of their perfect little gowns and coats. More cures and violence came looking my way as I pleaded for a better chance in life, but no. It seemed I had been lured into the nasty, cunning wits of the country Brazil, known for its mind boggling tricks which could take you right back where you started and leave you as desperate as you were before. However, one thing I knew, I had to keep ploughing on through life and its ups and downs hoping one day, god would finally shine its light on me…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!