Tasmania

The flight seemed to take forever. The plane rolled along the tarmac towards the terminal. The seatbelts sign clicked off and I slid out of my seat. I was so nervous. The pilot began speaking “Hello ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking, we have arrived at our destination Launceston, it is very chilly and overcast outside and local time is 10:45 pm. We hope you enjoyed your flight tonight and wish you a pleasant stay in Tasmania” I jostled out the door and down the steps.

I raced away from the plane along the tarmac and drew closer to the terminal. I was excited, nervous and happy all at the same time. My eyes swept the room. People were everywhere and then I spotted him. He stood with his back to me but there was no mistake, this was James. He was just like in the pictures. I stood rooted to the spot. I had been counting down till this moment for over six months; meeting my amazing boy. Sure we had met before but we had been talking for months before now.

He turned and saw me. His shiny brown hair flopped over his forehead. Blue eyes sparkled at me from behind glasses. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. His lips curved up into a gentle smile. My brain seemed to stop at the sight of him. He was so handsome…Time might have stopped. The air turned as thick as honey. We stared at each other. My pulse accelerated. He took a step and the trance was broken.

I rushed over and buried myself in his arms. I buried my face further into his soft jacket. I let the breath out that I had been holding. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest. I could feel his heart beat matching mine. My insides melted, a warm feeling stole over me. The sun seemed to come out and shine on us. His arms protected me and his smile was filling my world. I was so happy. There is no way to describe how I felt. There were so many good things all at the same time it was impossible to think of anything else. I stepped back and looked up into his face. Love twinkled in his eyes, joy twitched in his smile and he radiated happiness.

“Hello baby” he said. He laughed and pulled me back into a hug; his lips brushing my forehead. I felt my throat close over. I couldn’t speak so I laughed too. I was giddy with joy and excitement.

We broke apart and walked in comfortable silence. Nothing needed to be said, we were both happy beyond any imagination. I couldn’t stop smiling. It felt so special. All those cold, miserable nights I spent alone counting down the days all seemed worth it now. No one could ever make me as happy as this. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have my James.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!