Bad School Day

“Ding, Ding, Ding.” ”Okay everybody quiet down,” Mr. Charles said in a stern, deep voice. Everybody sat down on their small wooden chairs. “Okay take out your maths books and turn to page fifty one. Start from task five and continue up to task nine.”

Mr. Charles or Rufus Charles was a tall, old man. He taught at the fantastic school of Norton High School. You see, Rufus loved children; they were what got him out of bed in the morning. He believed that they should be educated well. So he became a teacher.

So, back to the story…. A tall, shy, skinny boy called Bryan came up to Rufus’ big, oak desk. Bryan muttered “Um, excuse me sir, um, can I please go to the, um-““spit it out Bryan” sighed Rufus. Bryan continued, “Toilet, yes, toilet, can I go to the toilet please?” “Okay, but be quick, you don’t want to miss the exam, you don’t want to miss the exam,” Rufus said disappointed. Bryan quickly walked off.
“Okay Billy, did you finish your maths homework?” Rufus asked politely. A short, messy boy replied “I’m sorry Mr. C, I forgot it at home.” “Okay you’ve got detention at lunch, full stop.” replied Rufus in a strict voice. “Don’t forget it’s Mike’s birthday Mr. C” said a sweet, neat looking girl called Summer. “Yes, yes he has brought a cake to share.” Rufus put his hands under his big, oak desk and pulled out a delicious chocolate sponge cake. He carefully placed twelve blue and green wax candles into the cake and then said “Now that you’re twelve I think that you should be able to light the candles yourself.”Okay thanks” Mike said as he walked up to the front of the classroom with excitement. He got a small pack of matches and took one out. He lit the candle and placed it over the candle wick. The flame went up the match quickly and burnt his finger. Mike yelped and dropped the match on the oak desk. A frisk, orange flame leapt up. Unluckily there was a can of aerosol on his table. As soon as the flame touched the can it exploded and flames sprayed the children. “Okay everybody stay calm. Everybody get outside!” yelled Rufus in fear. Just as he said that the door lit alight and they were trapped. They all glared at the window. It was locked from the outside so people don’t break in.

Outside the school the fire brigade and students had heard the fire alarm and had gotten out. The whole school was in flames and they couldn’t get in.
Back in the classroom, summer had fainted in the smoke. Suddenly the roof started to crack. Everybody screamed as it fell on them. Then, it all went black.
Two weeks later at the Norton hospital twelve students were lying down. They were luckily conscious. Five children did not survive including Rufus. Everybody remembered that day for the rest of their lives.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!