Rag Doll

My name's Jamie and I had this rag doll I used to sleep with. Let me tell you my story.
On the 11th of February it was my birthday and I got heaps of presents, but there was one in particular present that stood out like a sore thumb- A rag doll.
That night I had to get up to go to the toilet, when I was in the toilet I heard a little girl's voice and it said "I'm coming closer, very closer". When I finished I ran to my room and realised my rag doll had gone. After that I fell straight to sleep.
The next morning I said to my mum, "Mum I think we need to get rid of my rag doll." My mum said "Why?" "Because it can talk to me", I said. My mum said I was being stupid. As I left I put my rag doll in a box.
When I was walking to school I felt a kick in my bag. I looked in my bag and there it was, my rag doll. At school I didn't show anyone.
After school I ran home and said "Mum I think we really and truly need to get rid of my rag doll." "Why do we Jamie?" She asked. "Because it's haunted!" I said. All of a sudden mum and I heard a giggle, just like a little girl's voice. I looked in my bag and it was my rag doll. "Mum", I said "We should really chuck out that haunted scary thing. Please!" My mum said "I will think about it."
That night I heard a scream so I ran into my mum's room. I saw my rag doll next to my mum, I said "Mum we need to talk." She said "Ok". So we went to my room. "Mum" I said, "Let's make a plan." So we went back to bed.
That morning we got my doll and treated it nice, but right there and right then it smashed a plate.
The next day was the weekend so we took my doll for a picnic. That didn't turn out well, it tried to hurt a dog and tried to steal a baby. It took a police car, so now we are at the police station paying $10000. "Jamie", mum said, "We're going to burn this doll."
The next day we lit a fire and said our last words, well if we had any. Then we chucked my doll in.
That night I thought I shouldn't have chucked it out but it was for the best. Here I am now-with no rag doll and a quiet life and hopefully I don't get another rag doll so it stays this quiet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!