Keep On Praying!

Barry had always wanted to catch a big fish, ever since he was a little boy. He imagined himself holding one all the time. Everyday Barry would go down to the beach with his boat and his fishing rod. He did this every single day, without fail, for about 70 years. Barry even prayed to God that he would catch his huge fish one day. That was his dream.
Barry had recently turned 78. He was a bit annoyed about that because he didn't have many more years to live, and he was afraid he would lose his strength to keep fishing.
On Sunday morning, Barry went to church. He loved going to church. But that particular morning was extra special for Barry. He learned that he should keep on praying! "No matter how long it takes," the pastor had explained, "God will answer your prayer!"
Barry had given up praying about his big fish lately. He had been losing faith, and he didn't think that God would care about one fish that Barry wanted to catch. It just seemed selfish to pray about it and insignificant. But after that morning at church, Barry changed his way of thinking.
So immediately after Barry came home from church, he went out to the beach on his boat. He prayed to God. He prayed he would catch his big fish. So Barry waited. And waited. But Barry only caught a few small fish. That was ok, but his big fish wasn't there.
This happened everyday. Barry would only catch a few small fish. Until one special day. Barry did his normal routine at he beach. He also prayed to God, like he normally did. Barry hopped into his boat and went out to sea. Barry started fishing and he waited a while. Then suddenly, he felt something heavy at the end of his line. Barry was getting excited. So he reeled in his line and there, on the end of his line, after all these years, was Barry's huge fish!
Barry was so ecstatic! And he felt really good because God had answered his prayers! Barry also had his digital camera with him, so he put the fish down gently and proudly took a photo of it. He snapped a couple more, said goodbye to his fish and put it back in the ocean. Barry thanked God.
Keep on praying!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!