A Broken Heart

Life was good until one terrible, disastrous week when my life changed forever.
I was sitting in my room playing with my puppy Missy. I just couldn’t' help worrying over what news would be and I had a horrible feeling.
After about an hour's wait Mum got home from the vets to tell the upsetting news. Out other dog Max was awfully sick and his only chance of living was the tablets that the vet prescribed.
As each day passed, Max got weaker and weaker. We were getting more and more worried. These could be the last few days we would spend with our dear dog Max.
It was time for me to go to a birthday party and Max was to go to the vet. I tried and tried to get my mind off Max. The next thing I new Mum came up the driveway. As I ran down to meet her she asked me if I wanted to go to the vet with her. I asked if Max was going to leave us and Mum said that he very well could be. I said "No thank you". I was trying very hard not to cry when I went back up to join the party. I said that I could be here for a long time after the party.
It was about six o'clock when Mum came to pick me up. She had a tear stained face and all of a sudden my world came crashing down. I ran to Mum and gave her a cuddle. Shortly after that we went home.
For at least two weeks I couldn't stop crying. I had a broken heart and a lost soul.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!