Paper heart

“I made a heart of paper” He said. “This heart is blue” nodded his head.
“I made it for you.” She put it down in my hand and told me.
“At least it won’t be pretend, if you keep it” walking towards the sun.
He returned the next the day, holding a rose, its paper surface, his love enclosed.
She brushed his hand, and with one glance, it was floating down the stream.
Another day, he walked away waiting for one last. To see her black/blue eyes and skin of torn and rasp. This time he made a purple butterfly. Its pretty wings he colored as her eyes.
She kissed his nose and as it goes, she let it free that day.
Then for the boy, she waits. She’s no longer afraid. “I’ll keep his paper make, the next one he creates”. She’s sitting by the river. The place they always meet. Waiting for the boy, who always comes, to show her his inner sweet. There is a paper heart; it flew right at her feet. But the boy, who always comes, does not turn up to greet. She gently picks it up and finds there is a rip, feeling trickles falling from her face, the paper heart it also drips.
She thought he made a paper heart but no, the boy, he gave her his.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!