Veil Of Love

Veil Of Love

Back in the days when the desert was burning and the wind was whisking away all that was left on the soil…
The beautiful Arabian desert located south of the Mediterranean sea lay the prince of the desert Tristan, he lay in his handmade hammock swaying from side to side thinking about Sahara, his beautiful lover, he lay thinking about all the times they had spent together down at the river. Memorizing every extradornary feature of her body from her curved hips to her soft eyelashes. That was how Tristan spent most of his days in his palace ever since Sahara had left to return home.

Sahara was a peasant, who traveled from Jordan to work for Trisrtan’s father King Isolde, her family as you can imagine- stayed in Jordan while Sahara set out to work at only 17 years of age but little did she know that it was love awaiting her at her fate.

She passed through the desert escorted by her male cousins. She stood at the front door of the palace, with her long pale white gown reaching past her wooden sandals. The servant did not look pleased to see her he just said, “I will show you the way”. Sahara followed only to be greeted by the king himself- she dropped to the floor and “My lord, I have had the honor”-“Get up girl you bow to me while standing up, have you not been taught”.
Sahara did not dare reply, only she looked up to find him seated on a throne made of gold, engraved in the arm rests were initials reading K.I & P.T, she knew what it stood for she heard of the prince Tristan but she was not prepared to experience in person how handsome he truly was.

Months and months passed, and Sahara was doing her daily chores only to be attentive to the prince himself. Though she was a servant, when she was around him he made her feel like a Queen and so the compassion began upon the two. He learnt of her life and she realized how sorry she felt for a prince who had everything but happiness. One night Tristan called for Sahara but no one replied, he made his way to Sahara’s room & found her hands over her eyes; he sat beside her and removed her hands. Astonished Sahara pulled way, at that very moment Tristan realized how beautiful she truly was, he lay on her bed and said to her “You have captivated me, with every word that you speak and every movement that you make”. “What do you mean your highness”, she spoke fighting back tears.
“Ever since we spoke our first words & exchanged our first conversation it is as if no one exists in this world but you and I”. With that he left the room.

However, Sahara was confused but it all made sense to her when he slid a letter under her tiny door reading “ for my love”. She dressed quickly and ran to the river- she stopped immediately when she saw his face.
“Sahara you know that I love you very much but father has arranged a marriage with the princess of Jordan, another part of his peace agreement” he whispered under his breath. Tristan kissed Sahara and held her tightly against his chest. They had met every day by the river where she exchanged the three words she had never thought of saying to a prince.

The day had come, Princess Jaydin was arriving, Sahara stood outside the palace and noticed 2 camels making their way to the front door carrying on them a tent like house covered with a purple silk curtain- it was Sahara’s favourite colour.

Out stepped the princess she greeted the king in a much graceful manner than Sahara did and then shook hands with Tristan at that moment Sahara felt a rush of fury passing through her body as though some one had stabbed her. Sahara knew that she could never be that princess, sleeping on silk and waking to a beautiful home.

Sahara was informed a day later that it was time for her to return home to Jordan. For the first time she felt she was missing something in her life and realized it was love. And Tristan was the only person who had provided it to her.

They met at the river one last time, and Sahara spoke her last words, “ You have shown me love, you have shown me how to love and I know that I am deeply in love with you” she spoke with tears filling up her eyes.
“You are my one and only, I will not get married to anyone but you, I will not, never!” he replied. “Love will not hold us together forever” she replied
“Not our kind of love, our love is stronger than anything I promise Sahara I will come looking for you, we will have our happy ending”. He kissed her passionately and she vanished…

Swaying from side to side still remembering all the times with Sahara, he was interrupted by a soldier when he spoke,” Your highness, the camels are ready and your tent was made as requested strictly purple silk” and with that Tristan mounted his horse and replied “ Very well then, we are off to Jordan to search for my one and only princess…Sahara I had told you our love is stronger than anything” he whispered looking at the sky

With that the search began until the great love story emerged of the great, Sir Tristan and the Princess Sahara.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!