Daisy And Her Red Car

Daisy and her red car

Daisy is sitting on the story mat at kindergarten listening carefully to her teacher, Mrs Hensen, finish reading today’s story “Sophie and Rose”. Daisy can’t wait until the story finishes because today her mum has a day off work and is walking her home.

Finally Mrs Hensen finishes the story and says “Good afternoon” to everyone. Daisy eagerly looks out the window looking for her mum. Her heart skips a beat as she spots her mum unlatch the gate and walk along the footpath. Beside her there are pretty flowers and the green grass of the playground.

Daisy quickly grabs her backpack and hops into her new bright yellow gumboots ready for her mum to collect her. The rainbow coloured door bursts open and in the arch is Daisy’s mum with her hair blowing from the wind and her smile bigger than the sun. She motions for a hug, Daisy flies into her mother’s arms.

Everything seems to be perfect for Daisy, she is walking home with her mum and it is nice and peaceful, except for the whistling of the wind. Suddenly the next surge of traffic comes through and shatters the quiet surroundings. Daisy and her mum have to wait at the sidewalk until the green walking sign comes up. Daisy hears the sound of engines all around her; she sees the colours of the fast blurred cars.

Out of nowhere she notices an outstanding, breathtaking, brilliant and magnificent car. It is going very fast but she sees its cherry red colour, its clean black wheels and its rich black leather interior. Right here and now Daisy makes a wish that one day that car type would be hers.

As soon as Daisy steps into her house she quickly runs to her little blue table and sits on one of the mushroom shaped chairs. She takes out a huge piece of white crisp paper and with her bright cherry red crayon she draws her dream car.



After spending lots of time trying to stay in the lines and colour in her car as brightly as possible, Daisy is very proud of her drawing, she proudly walks into the kitchen and uses four yellow magnets to hold her wonderful red car on the fridge for everyone to admire.

By Sophie Dillon

Year 7 Age:13

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!