Never Leave

"Beautiful," Ryan whispered to the star lit sky.
"Pardon?" Annabel said, he voice so captivating, anyone who hears it would be lost in the sound of her voice.
"I said beautiful," Ryan replied, turning his face to hers and twisting her long chestnut brown hair in his fingers.
"Yes, the stars are shinning extra bright tonight."
It took Ryan a long moment to answer, he breath fogging his nose and mind.
"The stars are but small points of light, you are the beauty i was referring to." Annabel turned on the rough picnic blanket to face him, her brown eyes glistening with beauty. She put her hands around Ryan's waist and pulled herself closer to him and his warm body. Ryan pressed his lips, warm from the hot summer night, against Annabel's hear and started to hum her favorite tune into her ear. Annabel pushed him away quickly, rejecting to gesture, which was strange, Annabel usually fell asleep after five minutes of this wonderful torture, Ryan usually had to carry her home.
"Bell's, what did i do?" Ryan asked confused.
Annabel ignored the question and said in a pleading tone, "Tell me you love me," Her voice was small and quivering, tears building up in her eyes.
"Annabel Rose," Ryan started, still confused, "I love you more than anything on this planet, I always have, and always will." Ryan looked into Annabel's eyes, she was crying.
"Bell's sweetie, don't cry." Ryan pulled himself closer to Annabel, drying her tears with his fingertip.
"Don't leave, please Ryan!" Her cry was desperate, Ryan then knew what was happening.
"I am not leaving darling." He said, trying to comfort her.
"I heard you, yesterday talking to James, you are going. PLEASE DON'T!" More tears tumbled down her cheeks.
"Annabel, i was only thinking about going, i won't if you don't want me to okay? War another day right?" The humor on his last line did not help Annabel's tears, they streamed down onto her shirt.
"Never leave Ryan, Never." She burried her head into his chest.
"Not in a million years Bell's, never."
Annabel did not reply, the only sounds were those of her tears, and the silent whisper of her favorite song, coming from Ryan's lips.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!