Dance Fever

This is a story about a 12 year old girl full of dreams named Annabelle, she is a magnificent dancer but her widow mother doesn’t believe in her. So she is out to show her what she is made of.

Today is the tryouts for the dance scholarship at Dance Fever, and Annabelle is stretching in her bedroom. She doesn’t want her mum to know about the tryouts so she told her mum she was going to her friend Lisa’s tonight, but she was really going to the tryouts and then going to Lisa’s.

The tryouts were at 2.00 and it was now 1.30 so Annabelle decided that she would leave to head over to Dance Fever now so that she was a bit early. So she got on her bike and rode 4 blocks to the studio to see a huge line of people. So she went to the back of the line and waited and waited and waited until suddenly it was her go. She walked inside and stood in the middle of the stage and then all of a sudden the music played and Annabelle started to dance and she danced with all her heart and soul.

Then when the music stopped the selectors started to clap and cheer and make comments. Then one of them said to her Annabelle we would like to see you back here for the call-back, when Annabelle heard that she thanked the judges immensely and then walked out the front to be greeted by Lisa.

Lisa asked her whether she got it and Annabelle answered with a huge scream of joy. Lisa was so proud of her, Annabelle then told her that she had to back next Sunday for the call-backs.

Soon enough Sunday came and Annabelle had stretched in her bedroom then road to the studio. After she put her bike away she walked inside and waited in line for her go. It wasn’t long before Annabelle was on stage dancing her heart away to her favourite song. When the song had stopped there was no cheering or clapping this but all she could here was the judges talking. After the judges had finished talking they said to Annabelle that she had been accepted into the Dance Fever Dance Academy. Annabelle was just gobsmacked; she couldn’t wait to tell Lisa.

This time when she went out the front of the studio it wasn’t Lisa waiting there it was her mother and she was crying. So Annabelle went over to her and told her that she got accepted into the academy. At first her mum didn’t believe her but then all of a sudden her mum gave her a huge hug and said “This is what your dad would have wanted”.

So after today Annabelle had dancing every Wednesday and Friday 4-6pm for 1 year and she used it well because she got accepted the next year.
THE END




By Kate Christie


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!