Naughty Amelia Jane!

One bright sunny morning in a cttage covered in honeysuckle was a little girl the age of eight. Her name was Jenny. She ahd lots of toys that came alive when she left the nursery. And in the nursery was one peculiar toy and its name was Amelia Jane.
Amelia Jane was terribly naughty, she was quick tempered, haughty, had no manners and always wanted everything her way. Amelia Jane sometimes made the toys do temptations and she did temptations herself too. Here are some of the toys Jenny had- the Clockwork Clown, the Teddy Bear, the Baby Doll, the Toy Sailor, the Clockwork Mouse, the Toy Horse and the Golliwog.
One day when the other toys were playing "Snap", Amelia Jane was thinking of cheeky things to do to the toys. She had an idea, a cheeky idea! She crept to nurse's work basket and pulled out nurse's scissors, she crept behind the Clockwork Mouse and cut off his tail. Unfortunately the Clockwork Mouse didn't see her, so it was bad luck for him!
After they finished playing the game it was the Gollywog that spotted the Clockwork Mouse's bare back. The Golliwog said, "Oh no! Mouse, your tail's been cut off!"
"Oh no!"
"Do you think Amelia Jane did it?" asked the Teddy Bear.
"I DO think that," said the Golliwog.
"We'll pay her back," said the Clockwork Clown. "Toys, think of an idea that's very mean, so we can pay Amelia Jane back!"
"I've got it!" said the Toy Horse and the Toy Sailor at the same time.
"You know how Amelia Jane is afraid of blue beetles.... well..... why doesn't Baby Doll sew some blue beetles and we'll all hide them," said the Toy Sailor.
"Then, when she goes around the nursery she will scream," laughed the Toy Horse.
So Baby Doll started sewing. When she finished, the toys hid the beetles.
After, they waited. Amelia Jane came into the nursery. When she saw the beetles she screamed!
Then the toys came out and they said, "Give us the Clockwork Mouse's tail and we will take the beetles away."
Amelia Jane agreed.... Isn't that funny?
I hope she is sensible next time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!