Bad News

Summer sat out on the hill, gazing out at the paddock. Summer lived in country England in a town called Maylie village with her mum, dad, brother Sam and dog lollie. Summer was born in London but moved to the Maylie village because her mother couldn’t stand the City. When she was five her mother had Sam.

Summer was sitting out on the hill because her mother and father had just told them that they were getting a divorce. “I can’t believe this”. She thought. She had never thought that her parents would get a divorce. “I mean, sure they’ve had there fights but that doesn’t mean you just go and get divorced.” Summer was feeling so angry when all of a sudden a voice behind her said “Summer .” She turned around and saw that her little brother Sam was standing behind her. “Oh, hey Sam.” she said, wiping tears away from her face. “What are you doing out here.” He came and cuddled up close to her. “What do they mean?” he said. “It means that mum and dad aren’t going to live together anymore.” She thought about what she said and realized that maybe it wasn’t her parents fault they were getting a divorce? Her friend Mary’s parent’s got a divorce and she said it was because they didn’t love each other anymore. Sam cuddled up close to her again. “Should we go and see them Summer?” he said, his face now wet with tears as well. “Let’s just stay out here for a bit, OK.” She said softly.

And both of them sat cuddled up close and watched the fading, leaving a beautiful sunset.


The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!