A Big Shock

Once upon a time there was a girl called Penny, she had two brothers Marcus and Mark. They had lots of fun playing together. Penny had long blond hair, big blue eyes and a pretty smile. She was in year 7 and was small for 12 years old. Marcus and Mark were identical twins and were 10 years old.
One day Penny and her Father were picking roses together at a local park. Penny’s brothers were out with their friends and her Mother was cleaning the house. Penny and her Father were crossing the road when a car came up and hit them. The driver of the car drove off. Penny and her Father had no one to help them.
It was getting late and her Mum was getting worried so she went looking for Penny and her Father. She found them lying on the road and rang the ambulance and police straight away.
Penny broke her back and her arm. Her Father didn't make it. It was a sad event. Marcus and Mark were upset and angry that their Dad had died.
Penny’s Mother married another man called Jeff; Penny didn’t like him very much. Marcus and Mark liked Jeff a lot because he played fun games with them.
The police were still looking for the person who ran Penny and her Father over. Penny is also looking for him herself, although this is difficult as she is in a wheelchair.
The police have found two suspects Jeff and a guy called Jarred. The tyre marks on Jeff’s car match the tyre pattern on the clothes Penny was wearing in the accident. Later on Jeff admitted it was him. Penny’s Mother was so surprised that she got a divorce from him. Jeff was sent to jail for a year.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!