Gakudo

50,000,000 years ago on a planet far away, a boy named Brody aged 10 was about to enter a competition.
This wasn’t just any competition, this was a Gakudo competition. Gakudo is a card game where millions of people around the planet battle each other with cards.
It’s the first round of battling, three players and every man for themselves. Brody is up against Liam and Keira. Brody will be battling with the card Diamond Aeon. Liam has Flaring Dragon and Keira has Elemental Azer.
“Let the battle begin!” shouts the referee. Brody goes first followed by Keira. Brody attacks Liam and Diamond Aeon uses Ice Blast and Liam counters with Fireball. Keira starts her turn by using a Power Up. Elemental Azer’s power increases by 10. Liam attacks Keira with Flare Prison. Elemental Azer skips a go and can’t retaliate! Brody uses Ground Pound. Deals damage to all opponent creatures. Flaring Dragon is defeated!
Keira skips a turn. Brody uses resist! Diamond Aeon can’t be defeated for the next two turns! Keira uses Brutal Force! Diamond Aeon is left with one hp! Brody uses Last Stand! Elemental Azer is defeated. Brody wins!
From that win on, Brody continued the competition. But that is another story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!