Haunted



Can it be that time already, alarm buzzing in my ear, its 7am and time to prize open my “peepers” I’m sure it’s just going to be another boring day at St Joseph’s High School. Yes mum I can hear you screaming hurry up and get out of bed. I just want to stay here cuddled up with my fluff ball of a cat, and I now what you’re thinking why would a boy sleep with a cat but I do. Anyway what a struggle to swing my legs out of bed but I do, and finally I am up, hopefully a shower will put me in a better frame of mind ok all done and dusted. Down stairs I see some toast and juice on the bench but no time for that so I gulp down the juice and grab the toast and before mum can say goodbye I am out the door!!!, As always it’s a foggy Thursday morning eerie but beautiful in a way, winter is the best season in the year Oooooooh Noooo, I can see the school gates through the fog and there they are the “blood brothers” jack and mike they are so painful because they are always playing practical jokes on me and other people.

I’m scared out of my wits. I have just taken on the worst dare ever. I have to spend one night in the haunted mansion in Crow Lane. They say that there is a Dracula in there and if you listen carefully enough you can hear the blood curdling screams for mercy. Then suddenly they stop. The crows start banging on the windows till they smash, just to taste the flesh and blood. Nobody knows what makes him tick but there is one thing for sure, I won’t be coming out of this alive. I’m looking around franticly for a light. Its 6.00 pm. Normally you hear the blood curdling screams now, but not tonight! Or will I! I hear some foot steps and hide in my sleeping bag. They are getting closer and closer. I start to shake I try to stop but I can’t. I pull the sleeping bag away from my eyes what I saw was appalling.

I saw him naked and I was so terrified that my hair fell out. I had to get away but if I bailed I would be named woosy boy woosy boy just thinking about getting called that is scary. I am trying to stay awake so nothing happens to me but I am getting so sleepy, and it’s going to be a ruff night but I can’t go to sleep and I am so freaked out but I can’t stay awake any longer zzzzzzzzz it is 7am in the morning and if I can stay in here for another hour I will win the dare but there is one thing for sure It will be heap easier because Dracula’s only come out at night or so I thought I hear a noise again but this time start plotting an escape but also so it looks like I stayed here until 8am I find a pen and start planning my escape on my hand. I’ve decided to stand next to the window and lure it towards me and then smash the window and the sun will come directly through the window and struck the Dracula and he will then melt and I can stay in here until 8am

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!