DANCE

Dance Star.
[By Rachel Guy]

One year, a girl was starting at a new dance centre. She was so excited. She wanted to do well but there was one problem – she did not know how to dance properly.

It was the first day of her dance class. She packed her bag and her Mum drove her there. She walked in and everyone looked at her, she felt embarrassed and scared. She wanted to run away. But then a lady walked out and said, “Hello you must be Amy. Come in! Okay girls let’s start.”
Amy tried to join in but did not know any of the steps.

After class Amy’s teacher called Amy back in and taught her the whole dance. Her teacher told her to stay after class every week till she had caught up to everyone else.

Near the concert she got told she was going to be the main dancer. She ran straight home to tell her Mum, who was so excited she baked a cake to celebrate the news.

It was the night of the concert of her dreams. After all of the training it was time to prove to everyone she could do it.
She put on her costume. She wore blue top and black pants; in her hair she had a bun with a tiara. Everyone else word a red top and no tiara.

It was time for Amy’s show. She felt worried, scared, excited and nervous. She hopped on the stage and saw her friends and family. Amy danced her heart away. She danced to “Wake Up’ by Hilary Duff. After the concert, she got awarded Best Dancer and her dance got awarded Best Dance.

On the way home she got Sushi, chips and spring rolls. Her Mum and Dad gave her the biggest hug in the world.

The next day, her best friend Emma gave her a big cupcake with a dancer on the top saying “You’re the best dancer in the world.” She never felt left out again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!