Family Comes First

Long ago, in the land of Rostoff lived a girl called Jessica Blackwood. She lived by herself because she didn't want to move where her family has moved to but now she wants to see them.

Because Jessica wanted to see them so, the next day she would make the journey to her family. She said "goodbye" to all her friends then left the next morning.

To start the journey Jessica had to go through Colourvil. Everything was purple and green, including the people and the houses.

When Jessica entered the town an old lady came up to Jessica and asked her around to her house for afternoon tea. Jessica was really tempted but the voice in Jessica's head said "it is a trick to get you to stay longer" so Jessica just turned her back to the lady and continued he journey.

Next Jessica ended up in a gigantic garden of tulips. Another lady up fronted Jessica called Mrs Gardenpot and asked for some help in the garden but Jessica disagreed. Just as Jessica left she picked a tulip from the garden then ran off.

As Jessica was leaving a purple fairy with green hair flew up to Jessica and tapped her on the shoulder. She was from Colourvil. The fairy was there to to give Jessica her backpack as she left it at Colourvil.

When walking on the footpath leading Jessica's journey home she looked up to see a huge ice cream. Jessica knew exactly where she was now!! She was in food land.

When Jessica entered the gates of this place she was so hungry, she ran straight to the nearest shop. Jessica bought a big piece of chocolate fudge and a bowl of spaghetti. After eating it all Jessica felt a bit sick so she lay down under a big Pavlova tree and had a bit of a rest. While she was sleeping a witch called Mrs Ogrady sneaked up on Jessica and carried her to the top of an ice cream and left her there. Because of the heat from Jessica's body she melted the ice cream and flooded the town. Luckily Jessica land on the cone and used it like a boat. That's what woke her up.

Finally Jessica was in her family's home town. She read the address of her family's house and jogged to the house.

When she arrived, her family was stunned to see her. Jessica learnt her family is more important than her wants

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!