I Don't Want This

I sat on her bedroom floor, panic filled and struggling to breathe. Tears streamed freely down my face as I tried in vain to stay sitting. It all became too much and I fell forward, still struggling for air. I slowly started to internally self destructed as my disorder ate away at my mind, my body and my perception. I don’t want this.

My body is fat and horrible. My hair and nails are a mess, not mentioning my face. I can hardly concentrate anymore. I can’t get help. No one will want to look at me, let alone help me. I don’t want this.

Why do people ask if I'm alright? When I'm clearly not. Why can’t they just leave me alone? I just want to be alone. I don’t want to talk. I don’t want them to listen. I don’t care if they’re there or not. I don’t want this.

If I concentrate on my schoolwork then maybe it’ll all go away. God knows I need to. If I fail school, I can’t get a job. Then I don’t know where I would be. Why can’t I just be like Bec? She gets school. She’s pretty. She’s skinny. She’s not like me. She doesn’t have my horrible body. I don’t want this body. I don’t want this.

Oh no. Home. I don’t want to go home. Mum asks questions and yells a lot. I don’t like being yelled at. I don’t like questions either. Have to keep my mouth shut. If I start to talk I won’t stop. Have to be quiet. I don’t want to. I don’t want this.

‘Louise.’ Bec’s here. My pretty and beautiful Bec. My best friend Bec. My Bec who wants me to get better. I promise I will. I promise I will get better. I promise I’ll talk. I promise. I don’t want this.

‘Louise, please don’t apologise. There is nothing to be sorry for. I know you didn’t mean it.’ I'm a mess. I'm a mess and she still comes to see me. I have to get better. I have to get better for her. I have to. I don’t want this.

‘Lou I know, I know you’re upset. But I'm here, okay sweetie. I'm here if you need me. Whenever you need me.’ It’s hard. I don’t want to be around you. I’m not better yet. Please go away. I'm trying. I really am. But I just want to be alone at the moment. It means a lot that you’re here, but I can’t be right now. I don’t want this.

‘Lou. Oh honey.’ Bec. I love your hugs. I get strength from your hugs. You give me strength. You’re here. You care enough to help. It means a lot. You’ve no idea how much.

‘I love you. I’m sorry. I really don’t want this. I want to be better.’ I told her. I said it. I do want to be better. I don’t want this. All thanks to Bec.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!