Bad Day

Bad Day


I was just sitting their waiting, the clock was ticking, it sounded like it was getting louder and louder, until I was distracted by the sudden rush of people speaking loud and clear. Someone said “Hi Shawn” but I just stared straight ahead. I decided to go to the café down the hall to clear my head. I was sitting their in a chair, my mind getting lost in the calming music in the background which got me thinking about the bad day I’ve had.

“GOOD MORING AUSTRALIA” Smack damn radio, oh damn got a Maths test today; damn it bumped my damn head.
“Shawn what’s with all the racket? You will wake up the Neighbours.”
“Not if they’re all ready awake,” I yelled just to annoy my mother.
Ok here comes my school bus. You can hear it from a mile away; I call it the moving bomb shelter. I grabbed a couple of pieces of toast that were burnt. I don’t know why I stand out side my house waiting for the moving bomb shelter while it’s raining. One of these days I’m going to build my own bus shelter.
That’s weird I can’t hear my bus any more. I will just go see what the time is, arr there bus, oh no it’s leaving wait, wait. Guess not, well looks like I’m walking to school again.




I got a couple of blocks away before I noticed my shoelaces were undone and I it was a casual day to day and I was wearing school uniform. By now I was at school drenched in water but luckily I was in school uniform and not my good clothes. First up for class was 3d-art, which I hate because I can’t draw. Then it was English that I love. At recess I went to get my play lunch but I still had yesterdays sandwich that was all-soggy in my lunch box and believe me it stunk. The next class I had been dreading all day, yes it was Maths and that damn test on fractions. Well I got through the test all right I hope, the rest of the day seemed to take forever. I saw my Maths teacher later in the day and she said I got 24 and a halve out of 50 questions right, the worst in the class and its not even a pass. I think I nearly passed out a couple of times. Finally school finished and I went down to the local mall I was going to buy some food but I left my money along with my school bag in my locker so I went and sat on a seat.

Damn what’s the time? Damn its six o’clock. I’ve been sitting here for two and halve hours telling you about my day. Well I better walk home in the rain again


By Bradley Jamieson

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!