Nature VS Nurture


What are you doing? She shouted with horror. I looked up from the ground to my entire etiquette class staring at me. Ladies never ever pick their nose she shrieked her face still in a knot. Take your finger out rite now she ordered. I lowered my finger and whipped it on the table cloth, the girl beside me giggled and miss peacock gave her, her famous death glare. Ha that shut her up. Miss peacock turned to stare at me again ‘as I was saying ladies never under any circumstances pick their nose and if this is any way unclear miss Donald you can leave my class this instant’, I didn’t move. She finally turned her glare away from my face to prepare the cutlery for our next lesson I pulled a face that brought my class to hysterics. Ms Peacock turned in time to catch it though, I felt my face drop. This is going to mean trouble I’ve been sent out twice already this week, for ‘unlady like behaviour’ SNOBS! I don’t want to be one of them. Ms Peacock strut her way toward me stoping inches away, her over sized belly staring me in the face and her over powering perfume hitting me twice over. She grabbed me by the wrist with surprising force she partly strutted partly stamped her way to the secretary’s office. That’s when she slipped on a magazine I had left on the floor before class nearly taking me with her. She let out a small scream before getting the air knocked out of her when she hit the floor. I shook my self free and sprinted down the stairs. I wish my mum hadn’t dressed me like this it just makes it harder for me to run away I pulled the heels off and through them in the ditch beside the path way I so should have brought my board. By the time I got home I had managed to compose my face enough for mum to believe the class had just finished early. I opened the door and crept in peeking around to see if any one was in the kitchen it was empty so I went to the cupboard to grab a snack. I heard a chair being pulled out in the dining room and I knew I was sprung I put on my best puppy dog face and turned around It was mum but she hadn’t noticed me she was sitting at the table in her baby pink caftan looking through some flower arranging magazines that’s when I saw something I thought I never would, she pick her nose and wiped her finger on the table cloth!
WELL YOU CAN’T COMPETE WITH GENES.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!