Fallen Star

I can feel the power pulsing throughout my body. My fingertips tingled as the power grew in my chest. I opened my eyes to see Logan staring wide-eyed at me. I could also feel the air shift and another power source building. I look at Logan’s face and see a drop of sweat trickle down his face.
I grinned.
Logan’s eyebrows pulled together in frustration. Finally his power ball was the same amount as mine. He flashed a grin in my direction.
“You ready?” he asked.
I nodded. “Bring it on.”
I felt the air shift again, I let loose the power ball. As I did this, so did Logan. I felt myself fly backwards, hitting a tree.
“Humpf,” I grunted, the wind knocked out of me.
I slid down the tree, panting for breath. I looked up to see Logan on hands and knees, sucking in deep breath’s.
“Ouch,” he muttered, raising to his feet.
He walked over to me and held his hand out. I grabbed it gratefully.
“Can we go now?” whined Logan.
I gave him a sly smile. “Sick of getting your butt kicked?”
He grunted in disagreement.
“Blake is waiting for us,” he said, pulling me along with him. We walked out of the forest, jumped in the jeep and Blake sped off.
The reason that I was practising my power, was that bad people were after me. The reason why, is because I’m not from around here. The way I describe myself is that I’m a Fallen Star. The Spek’s want me, because I’m the heir to the whole universe. With my power they could rule.
I went for a walk into the forest that backed onto my backyard. The tree’s were covered in green moss. I wondered aimlessly, getting deeper.
I heard a twig snap, my eyes narrowing on a man dressed in black. I realised that one of the Spek’s had found me. The man grinned at me and opened his mouth. A black hole appeared. It was sucking my forward. I felt the power buzzing through my veins. A tree branch whacked into my head, flying into the hole. I touched my head and there was blood. My feet lifted off the ground and I was flying towards the hole. For some reason my power dimmed as I came closer. I dropped to the ground and looked up. The man was gone an Logan was smiling at me.
“What?” I grumbled.
“Holly! I cant leave you anywhere by yourself!” exclaimed Logan.
I stuck my tongue out at him. He helped me up and his arms circled around my waist.
“I love you,” he murmured.
“I love you too,” I whispered back.
We walked together, hand in hand.
“You do know with my luck, there’s bound to be more trouble?” I said.
He nodded. “Don’t think I have anything better to do,” said Logan.
“If they do show, I’ll say bring it on!” I challenged.
Ooops! I probably jinxed myself now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!