Of Lost Concealment.

I am a person of many disguises, unmask me if you can.
Impossible, isn't it?
You see, no-one can really know me.
I make it an overly difficult task.
Once people know you, they can hurt you in more ways than are possible to imagine.
That’s why I keep my disguise, my face of many masks, all so I don’t get hurt.
And surprisingly, I can pull it off rather well; people never seem to suspect anything.
It’s funny to think people cannot tell, lost in their own sequence of oblivion, caught in their own world, their own problems.
Yet, my masks do not conceal all.
Truth finds it way around this obstacle and this honesty within myself cores me, presenting all the fractures and rawness which lies beneath.
A mask is a surface perfection, but why lies beneath the mask has no such perfection.
And those who don’t wear a mask, free to expose themselves to the world, I commend you.
You are brave enough to present your imperfections to the world at large, being recalcitrant to the idea of masks, of hiding your fractures and rawness.
Exposing yourself to indescribable pain, a rift within your senses.
I pity you, my loathsome self, for having to hide who you are.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!