A Breath Of Fresh Air

Hi, I’m Breath. I freely float back and forth, in and out of billions of humans. I’m the reason that all humans walk, talk and live freely. At certain times this job becomes very difficult and I don’t even get paid.

I have a special, invisible to all humans, alarm system. The system has a single, bright red light for every person in the world. Whenever people need me their red light will begin flashing. And they can be positive that I’ll be inside their lungs in a matter of seconds.

Most people who sound the alarm have a sickness called asthma. It’s a sickness where people’s chest tightens and can’t breathe me in. Approximately 300 million people around the world have asthma. That’s about 1 in every 20 people have asthma.

If you are an asthmatic it’s probably not a good idea to have a dog or cat because the hair can be inhaled and that is one of the main reasons for an asthma attack along with inhaling chalk dust, or the air being too dry or moist. Signs of asthma include wakening at night, wheezing, unable to exercise or play sport.

There are exercises to help prevent asthma which include swimming, walking, cycling and golf.

Thank you for listening to me and oh, next time you need me could you please leave a couple of dollars nearby. I’m about to go broke. This is Breath signing off from the mouth of Grant Hackett who believe it or not is an asthmatic.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!