Law Of Chance

“What, do you want me to cut my hands off for committing so much crime?” Andy Smith said to one of his fellow gang members. James King unloaded yet another sports bag full of cash from a recent robbery.
“Well sort of, I mean you have recently been very agitated,” he said as he stopped unloading cash and took off his gloves and balaclava.
“Well it’s not like I’ve harmed anyone when I’ve been committing crime,” James supposed.
“Are you kidding me, James you’ve just killed ten people a few moments ago!” he said starting to get annoyed with him.
“Well, sometimes I just can’t help it when little Brucey pops out,” he said coolly tapping his holstered 9mm Carbon LE Colt pistol.
“He’s going to get shot by the Feds if he carries on like this,” James muttered to himself as he walked away shaking his head.


Over at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a young but experienced CIA agent who went by the name of “Black Phoenix” assessed the bullet-ridden body of a senior security guard. “This isn’t unusual.”
“I haven’t seen too much of it though!” a new NYPD officer replied as he went white.
“Rookie,” Phoenix’s partner whispered.
“I reckon,” Phoenix said as he and his partner started laughing.
“Why are you guys laughing?” the new officer asked anxiously.
“Oh, nothing,” Phoenix said wiping a tear from his eye.
“ I’m sick of this job already,” the exasperated young officer said.
“Your fired then,” NYPD’s chief director said angrily as he walked past him.
“How ironic,” Phoenix said again laughing.
“Sir, there’s $6,000,000 missing from the vault and we found two more people dead,” another CIA detective reported to Phoenix.
“Damn, there’s gonna be a lot of families grieving tonight. I want all banks and stores reinforced with more cops and store detectives!” Phoenix snapped to the chief inspector.
“Yes sir, I’ll get the shop owners to sign a contract to agree on surveillance and we’ll try and the find the robbers hideout and send in the SWAT team,” he replied officiously.

Meanwhile, back at the robber’s hideout, (An empty shipping container) all the boy’s were playing a nice game of cards when they heard a knock at the door.
It sent a cold still echo around the container.
“Okay, I want everyone to grab a weapon and point it at the door as soon as I open it,” James whispered.
When he opened it, an outlandish sight greeted him. He was pointing his pistol at a pizza delivery boy.
“Umm, large pepperoni pizza and a coke,” the delivery boy croaked.
All robbers stared at each other and put down their guns.
“Alright who ordered the pizza…?” James was cut off, for just at that moment a SWAT team busted in and pointed their MP5’s at all of them. At the back of the SWAT team was Phoenix and his partner.
“Not bad Phoenix, not bad at all,” his partner exclaimed.










FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!