The Lost Boy And The Butterfly Spirits

Finalist in the 'Summertime Fun 2008/2009' competition

Long ago in the dreamtime there was a boy called Nikky. One day his parents went hunting. They left him all alone. “Don’t leave the camp,” they said.
Nikky thought ‘Why?’ then wandered into the bush. After a few seconds he saw a pool of smooth cool water. Nikky was thirsty. He took a handful of water and gulped it down. Then he realised he was lost.
Nikky heard a voice say “Leave my water alone.” Nikky was scared. “I am the evil fire spirit” the voice said. “The punishment for drinking my water is death.” As the fire spirit showed himself Nikky saw he looked like a red human with spiky red hair. He also had a red tail with fire at the end of it. Just as the fire spirit was about to kill Nikky he heard a swoop.
Then Nikky felt like he was flying. He looked down, all he saw was bright colours! He was riding on a butterfly spirit! The butterfly spirit looked like a human with bright coloured wings. When the butterfly spirit landed Nikky saw there was more than one. Then they flapped their wings so hard that it made a cyclone! The cyclone sucked the fire spirit up and then took him away.
The Butterfly Spirits taught Nikky everything they knew, including their powers. Nikky became a very wise man after that day. He’s very powerful so don’t interfere with him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!