Dancing Queens

All around the auditorium was quiet. The stage was a dark lair you could only see a couple of figures moving around. As the audience waited for the next dance, they talked very quietly amongst themselves.

Backstage everything was in position and we were just about to begin. The music came on and the audience was still and silent. As the lights lighted up the stage Emily, Josie and I wove around each other. Our dance went for 3 minutes, which seemed like nothing. Coming up to the end of the dance now it was getting harder, the hardest bit still a waited though. Our dance was a slow and controlled one. Finally the end, we had to slowly and calmly go into a split and hold. This was the hardest bit, we had to try not to slip and go down too quickly. As we all sank down the lights faded, we waited until they were fully done and we got up and moved off the stage silently. The crowd roared into applause and then it died down as the next dance was about to begin. Emily, Josie and I were so happy though. That was the best we have ever done our dance and we owe it all to our new teacher Miss Emerson who helped with our technique.

I’m Clare by the way and I love ballet. I do ballet with my two best friends Emily and Josie. We are all 10 years old. We just had our concert and we had to make up a dance. We had just done ours and we went really good.

One day Emily, Josie and I were walking down the street when we saw an advertisement. It said there was going to be a show on and they were looking for girls who could dance ballet. Emily, Josie and I all wanted to audition so we went straight home and asked our parents. I had to beg for a while but eventually they caved. Emily and Josie were allowed to audition too.

On the 31st of April we went to the big hall in Melbourne to audition. There were a lot of other girls there too and I was suddenly very nervous. For our audition we did our concert dance. Since we made it up we were allowed to do it. At the end the people in charge thanked us all for coming and said if we didn’t get in, it doesn’t mean we aren’t any good.

We found out who had made it in on the 5th of July. Unfortunately none of us made it. We were upset at first but we knew we couldn’t do anything about it, so we had decided that just because we didn’t get in it doesn’t mean we won’t get in another time. So we all agreed next time something like this happened we would all audition again and see what happens.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!