Nathan Buckely

I was born to be a star. I was cute, funny, and smart and a very well behaved little kid. Years went past and I am now 4 years old and started to think and I said to myself “I want to be a famous football player and play for Collingwood.” I went inside and told my dad I said “I want to be a famous football player and play for Collingwood” Then dad said “that’s a great idea”. I was soon able to start playing in Aus kick. I learned lots of skills and tricks like how to tackle, kick, handball and heaps more things. Dad took me training every Tuesday and Thursday. I always had a great time. After training we would always go somewhere and have a little snack. I always felt really good playing football and spending time with dad, I LOVED it. Every Tuesday and Thursday I always enjoy coming home because I know I am going to have great fun.

I am now 19 and am trying out for Collingwood. The day went past and it is now 3.30. We come back and Collingwood’s coach Mick Malthouse said “You are definitely in, you are a great player and Collingwood really needs you”. I was so excited I was jumping up and down crying after a couple of minutes I stopped jumping and went over to the coach and said “Thank-you so much, I really appreciate it”. Then we all smiled. I went home screaming because I was that happy. I couldn’t wait to tell Dad my news. A couple of weeks went past and I am now at the MCG so happy and am about to play my first ever game with Collingwood in front of 40,000 people. I am really nervous. Soon enough I get the ball and ……I kick a goal for my team. I felt absolutely great. The game went so quick because I was having such a great time. Soon it came to the time it was 2 minutes till the siren.

The siren goes and………Guess what? Collingwood wins. We win by 14 goals. The game is finished so we shake hands and then go into the club rooms. We all get into a circle and sing our song. I reckon our song is the best, it is so cool. I had great fun by the end of the year Collingwood was in the grand final. How good is that I said to myself? Then I said out loud “I’m glad I got into Collingwood’s team and got to follow my dream”

By Amber Hawker
St Richards Primary school.?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!