Gang Gangs

I sat at the foot of a hill, the cool breeze lifted my hot sweaty hair off my face, I now understand what the gang gangs talk of, this is the boundaries of mankind, stress, pollution. This is freedom is, beauty lives here.

As I looked on I saw the picture was complete. The mountains, the mist floating just above the soft damp ground the tree tops displaying their spring time followers for all to see. A wallaby lipped the soft thick green grass. Suddenly my heart skipped a beat, with a jet black mane and tail, a noble head and soft yet alert eyes. The mist seemed to dance around her magically, mistily, graciously.

The soft pad of her hooves came towards me we shared a language without words. The shape or this mare struck me; it just seemed so...so natural. Then I gasped out from behind her stepped a foal, unlike his mother he was a liver chestnut with a white blaze and four white socks.

I knew truly now I was a part of this world. I felt like I had been accepted into an entirely different universe, which I had indeed I had.

As the years went by I had come up with names for the two horses, the black mare duchess and the liver chestnut thrawa who was indeed a proud stallion which had fathered many foals.

So when you hear the gang gangs talk, listen you’ll be glad you did.

By Molly Allen
12 Years Old
Year 6

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!